Monday, February 1, 2010

New Adventures!

So I have been back to school for about a month now and this semester is going to pretty easy I feel so that is a good thing after the craziness of last semester. I have joined women's chorus and love it, it doesn't seem like a class but we get credit for it so can we say A : )

This summer I had planned on participating in Camp Adventure which is a summer program that UNI sponsors for students to be trained to work as a camp counselor at an American Military or Navy base around the world while being able to travel on the weekends. I went to the interview and figured out it wasn't for me so I have applied to two summer camps in Iowa to be a camp counselor at. So for that matter I am planning on taking the Red Cross course to get certified in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguard. I have started swimming a few times a week and have a month until the class so I'm hoping I will get stronger and be able to do it. I don't know which one will want me or which one I will go to but I'm praying God will lead me in the right direction. One of the camps I attended as a child and is 20 minutes from my house, so that seems to be a good way to do it but the other is around the Des Moines area and is an E. Free camp which is cool because that's the kind of church I
attend. Plus, my current roommate works there and there are a lot of other people from UNI that work there that I don't know of too well yet. It would be a great opportunity to get to know people I go to school with!

I am still not officially a psychology major but at the end of this semester I will be. I also have declared a family studies minor. I will have to go to grad school in order to become a school counselor or an adoption consultant but I am up for the challenge especially since I found out that if I strategically plan it out I can graduate in 2 years and then go to grad school for a few and find a job after that. I really think this is the way I'm supposed to go.

In this past month I have attended my first hockey game which was super loud and
something new and interesting to experience. I don't think I will really go to another one again but it was a good experience. I feel as I get older I need to experience new things and be open-minded
about these things because they are things my friends like to do and I like doing things with my friends!

So that's the update of my life in the last month basically, just school, little bit of homework, activities at church, swimming, and friends!

1 comment:

Buddies

Buddies
My friend Iliana and I. I miss eating breakfast every Tuesday and Thursday : (